Weight loss is the desire to shed off some pounds by an individual who has excess fat stored in the body. Although fat is one food nutrient that is essential in our diet, too much of it can cause more harm than good to the body. Excess storage of fat can result in:
i. Loss of body shape
ii. Undue fatigue
iii. Increase in blood pressure
iv. Boost in cholesterol
v. Drop in state of health with such sicknesses as obesity and heart diseases.
Against the above backdrop, those who keep adding extra weight and flesh continue to show concern about weight loss in order to maintain good shape, keep fit and stay healthy. Yet, the approach adopted matters a great deal. This article, therefore, reveals effective approach to “weight loss without side effects”.
1. The first and most effective approach to weight loss is getting involved in activities that would take one out of a spot daily. Majority of those seeking weight loss are often among those who idle away daily. The shape of their daily to-do-list is triangular; they wake up, eat and sleep. By so doing, they store up excess fat in their body which hardly burns or get used up as fuel for daily activities. The end product of which is protruded stomach, enlarged arms and thighs, big buttocks, swollen face and increased weight. Such individuals may turn obese if drastic measures are not consciously taken.
2. Cut down your consumption of foods rich in carbohydrates and fat if you desire weight loss. Foods such as garri, yam, red meat etc, should not be eaten too often.
3. Avoid concentrating your meals on fatty foods which are not healthy. Rather eat healthy fatty food like avocado, coconut oil, etc
4. Eat foods that are rich in protein. This will help to burn and cut down fat storage in the body to ensure weight loss.
5. Drinking a lot of water(at least 30minutes before having a meal) helps us consume less food and also flush the system of toxins. Those who desire weight loss should not take the potency of water for granted. Water is simply very effective for weight loss.
6. Make out time for daily work outs or exercises. This may involve trekking, jugging, skipping, dancing, etc. Such activities, according to research, are capable of burning calories by 7% if seriousness is applied to willingness for a minimum period of 10weeks.
7. Vinegar is one key ingredient for weight loss yet to be identified by many. Vinegar helps to reduce the risk of heart diseases as well as regulate blood pressure, while it improves the burning up of fats in the body. At least 2table spoons of vinegar should be consumed daily by those who desire a good result for weight loss.
8. Endeavour to carry out a routine check on your weight to know how much your effort at weight loss has paid off. This will help to tell if more alternatives should be considered or not.
The above prescriptions and the extent to which one adopts them may vary from one individual to another with respect to body metabolism and how much weight has been gained over time. However, a conscious step in the above regard will pay off adequately and ensure weight loss for proper body maintenance.