10 Health Benefits Of Bananas.
- Bananas are one of the world most loved and known fruits. They usually grow in the tropical parts of the world. There are different types of bananas like the Cavendish which is the most popular variant of the fruit. As most fruits are, they come with a tremendous amount of benefits that are of enormous importance to the average person. It is a nutritional powerhouse containing carbohydrates that give energy and potassium that is healthy for the heart. They contain low calories which are very beneficially in today’s high calorie food world. It is an edible fruit produced by herbaceous flower plants from the Genus Musa. They are colored green when unripe and yellow when ripe. They contain a decent amount of fiber with many nutrients like
- Vitamin C
An average banana has about 105 calories having almost no fat.
- Bananas are very good at regulating the blood glucose levels of a person and can even decrease a person’s appetite. This means bananas will not affect the blood sugar levels in a person significant to cause any harm. Pectin and starch regulate the blood sugar levels moderately.
- Bananas are an excellent source of antioxidants and it reduces the risk of heart diseases and other type of illnesses.
- Bananas help in reducing appetite and keep hunger in check due to its levels of starch and pectin. It contains soluble fiber that greatly reduces appetite and makes some feel much fuller after meals eaten.
- Unripe bananas are really good source of starch which improves insulin sensitivity giving more resistance to type 2 diabetes. Studies have been shown that bananas greatly reduce insulin sensitivity in as early as four weeks into eating them regularly.
- Bananas contain a healthy dose of potassium which is essential for regulating blood pressure control and healthy kidney functions. A study was carried out which determined that ladies that eats bananas regularly in a week had a less likelihood of developing diseases regarding the heart.
- Bananas can be of great benefit when it comes to weight loss and because they are relatively low in calories and high in nutrients and fiber. The unripe bananas are also high in starch which greatly aid in making you full after eating them.
- Bananas are also well known to have ease in being added to your diet. Bananas can be eaten with foods like rice, oatmeal, yogurt, cereals and smoothies.
- Bananas are extremely good for your heart containing beneficial nutrients such as potassium and magnesium.
- Bananas are extremely good for digestive health containing the necessary fibers needed like pectin and resistant starch found in unripe bananas. They also relatively reduce the risk of colon cancer. They are also beneficial food for your gut bacteria in your lower intestine.
Bananas are a fruit of many great benefits. You can find them at your local stores or market places and are relatively cheap to afford. Bananas can greatly affect your health in a positive way and change your life greatly for the better.